Friday, July 3, 2009

Racism.

I think we should all live in a world where there is absolutely no haters at all in the world. People dissing on other peoples race is just not cool. We're all special in our own unique way, and people should respect that. But it just isn't going to happen, no matter how hard people try. Probly 1 in every 3 people is racist, that's really bad if you think about it. I remember this one time I was on my way to Milwaukee, and we stopped in this one town called Mercer. My friends mom just got done pumping gas, and this one old white lady came up to her and told her to watch her back in this town. My friend, her brother and I went into the gas station to go bathroom and what not. The whole time we were in there, we were just getting the dirtiest looks ever from the cashier. We didn't do anything at all to disrespect her. It was just the color of our skin that made her look so damn evil towards us. Now whenever I travel anywhere down south or coming back home up north, we don't ever stop in Mercer. I heard that there was a K.K.K in that town. I'm not sure if it's true. But based on what the old lady told my friends mom, chances are it's true.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts on racism. I like how you used personal experience, or narrative, as a way to illustrate what you mean. Keep that up. Use that personal style when you write your final project. You are a writer. Make a strong push on this last writing assignment.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete