Thursday, July 2, 2009

Response to an Article "Reggaeton and Race"

I just read a short blog about tension around hip-hop that aren't between African Americans and whites, but between African Americans and Latinos. Based on the latinos music, African Americans are by far more successful in the music industry. They have better beats, and the sickest lyrics. The Latino music videos are crap compared to the African American music videos. I don't think they have anything to worry about. I like both of them, but I prefer African Americans.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting article. I wonder what the tension was around, but it sounds like there is a bit of discourse tension, like Gee said in his article, how differences between discourses are sources of tension and conflict--sometimes, obviously, racial tensions.

    ReplyDelete